International Messaging Unlimited Showing on my AT&T Unlimited Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JonathanK81, Mar 30, 2014.

1. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I was using the AT&T app tonight to check my usage, and noticed it shows "International Messaging Unlimited." I have the standard LTE Unlimited Data plan, along with unlimited texting/mobile to any mobile, and obviously from the picture, I do not have any kind of Mobile Share Value plan. I have the old 450 minute plan. I know AT&T is including unlimited international texting for free, but that's for the Mobile Share plans. It doesn't show anything on the website when I login, but only in the AT&T iPhone app. I don't have a friend I can text who is international that doesn't have an iPhone. So I cannot test it out to see. Anybody else notice this on their phones?

Attached Files:

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Have you tried calling AT&T to ask them about it?

3. JonathanK81 thread starter macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I literally just noticed it a few mins ago. I don't really have a reason to call them, since for me, international texting isn't useful right now. I did double-check the website, but they don't even offer an International Messaging Unlimited plan.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I've got the unlimited plan as well and international messaging appears on my iPhone app as it does on yours. I think this started showing up after the last update to the app itself.

It would be a nice bonus if we have international messaging--and a rare plan upgrade for grandfathered users. I'm too lazy to call AT&T and sit on hold.

5. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

I'm on a 2Gb data plan and it says unlimited international text for mines also.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

All three lines on my family plan states that as well. All three are on unlimited data with the old fashion family plans. But when I go to att.com, it only shows unlimited. I'm going to call att later and see whys up. Going to Bahamas this summer and it would be nice not to have to pay a fortune to add a international text package.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This is the way it should be. Why should it cost a quarter to send up to 160 bytes of text to another country when we can send gigabytes for free over the Internet? It's silly.

Kudos to AT&T if they're finally getting rid of international texting fees. They never should have existed in the first place.

8. dsampley macrumors regular

dsampley

I have unlimited LTE data but do not have unlimited text messaging. On the iphone app, I show that I have international messaging for the number of text messages that i pay for (1500 for my spouse and 200 for myself).

9. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

I have unlimited international messaging as well... To my knowledge this was only for mobile share value plans... Nice addition, even though I have no one to text internationally.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Anyone call AT&T to see if this is was an added feature to everyones plan?