International Ordering

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cully, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Cully macrumors newbie

Hey Apple-er,

I am from the Caribbean, and i need to order the Macbook Pro for my new work venture (Graphic Design Artist). I recently was made aware that Apple.com does not accept Credit Cards other than american, Sooooo, what is my position?

Am i too build some kind of trust with someone who is going to american, give them my cash and have them buy it for me? - i really dont trust ppl with my money.

Please tell me there is another way, and i dont want to buy it through Amazon.com, not that they are bad, but i will prefer to get it straight from Apple.com.

Anyone??

2. stefmesman macrumors 6502

last time i bought at apple.com i could use an european credit card? what makes you say you can only use american ones?

3. Cully thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually i heard that from a friend of mine...is this information incorrect then?

4. medi.freak macrumors regular

no, your information is correct. They only accept US- credit cards.

5. edifyingGerbil macrumors regular

I would find out the number for apple support, telephone them and ask them directly.

A lot of the "help" on this forum is utterly useless conjecture. One person says his european card works another says they only accept US cards.

If your card is either visa or Mastercard I would strongly suspect that Apple would accept them. If it's discover or American Express or Diner's Club then you might want to ring them.

6. monakhov macrumors newbie

Solution

Two steps for solution of your problem:

1. Don't waste your money! Buy Apple's laptops, displays, iPads etc. at bhphotovideo.com, for example. Prices there are lower and you don't pay sales tax (8%-10%) with shipping outside NY state. For example, I've bought ACD 27" for $950 (now $920!) instead of $1000 + taxes.

They accept international credit cards without any problems.

2. For shipping outside the US I recommend to use the best US mail forwarder - Shipito. You can use a simple mail box for free (just pay the outgoing fee $8.5 per package plus postage). But if you choose a virtual mail box (for $10/month or $50/year), you can store your packages up to 45 days and combine its into one package for reducing postages. Also you get 2 virtual mail boxes in other US states (CA, NV, OR - total) and mail boxes in Japan and Hong Kong (there is the cheapest Apple Store where you can buy an unlocked iPhone 4 :) Big advantage - you fill a custom's form yourself, it should help if you have some custom's restrictions for package's value :)

I use this service second year :)

Good luck!

7. monakhov macrumors newbie

BH Photo&Video - cool guys!
    I bought there MBP 13", ACD 27", Spyder Elite 3, iPad 2, 2TB stylish external drive, magic mouse, two P&S cameras and a lot of other gadgets - no problems + free shipping inside US.

8. Cully thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, If i am hesitant to buy from Amazon (a site i actually trust) y would i want to willing buy from bhphotovideo.com, I checked out the site and it's cool but i will prefer to deal direct with apple to also include the applecare thing.
    But thx guy for all input, i might buy the magic mouse there or something.