International Purchase?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by oatastemur, Mar 3, 2009.

1. oatastemur macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a new Mac Mini, but I have noticed that US prices are considerably less than UK prices. I would just like to ask if there are any US companies that sell Macs and do international delivery, and if there are any problems with going down this route, like getting the item through customs. Thanks...

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

You'll have to pay import tax and VAT, so is it still cheaper? Remember US prices do not include their VAT for that particular state, you will need to add that on too I think.

I have bought stuff from USA/Canada online though and received it no problems, but have had to pay the fees...

3. oatastemur thread starter macrumors newbie

What are the fees exactly? A Mac Mini is £499 here and $599 in the US, which comes to .......

Stuff that, I've just noticed how far down the pound has come. $599+ VAT @ 15% comes to £490, lol!!!

This is a joke, I can't believe how hard we've been hit by the economic crisis here in the UK!

4. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Which is possibly why the new Mac minis are so expensive, Apple has used the excuse to adjust their prices accordingly...