International Rollout... Nu Uh!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by homosensus, Jun 3, 2008.

1. homosensus macrumors newbie

Everyone's been talking about the :apple:iPhone 2.0 being internationally rolled out.
    Well... that's not the case.
    I've noticed that apple is only concentrating on Countries that already have the iTunes Store available, for obvious marketing reasons with the app Store, but what about the other countries?
    For a start, no rumor at all for an iPhone release for CYPRUS

Any other countries?

Edit: Well, it seems like with the term 'international' they mean more countries than just one, not worldwide according to the comments... Though the post remains on discussion cause I want to hear more opinions about the issue of the iPhone not being rolled out worldwide.

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Well Japan has a itunes store but no iphone.

I think that might change though soon....

3. chrisparr macrumors regular

It only has to roll out to 2 countries to be an international roll out. Why won't that happen?

4. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Exactly.

International does not necessarily equal "worldwide"...

:apple::apple:

5. danielforman macrumors regular

Remember you need iTunes software and an iTunes account to activate your iPhone. So I guess if there is no iTunes store for a particular country then they probably won't get the iPhone released to them.

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Yea 'international' doesn't mean every single country in the whole world will get it!! but do you remember how last year it took nearly half a year before it was released to any other countries? and how even now it's only in a very limited amount of countries.

Well I think the point is that by the end of this summer I think around double or triple that number of countries will support this new iphone

7. neven macrumors 6502a

Yes, most of them.

8. homosensus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I guess you're right. Let me ask a question though. Greece and Cyprus are two almost interdependent countries. The media here in Cyprus consist of 70% Greek-originating companies. Also, the things that the Greek iTunes store sells are the same things you'd find in a Cyprus Store. Anything published in Greece, is also published in Cyprus in the song-region. Then how come apple didn't roll out the same store for both of the countries. Is there extra cost for opening up the online store for more countries?