International Shipping/Forwarding

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pogopuschel, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Pogopuschel macrumors member

Hello,

I am planning to buy a new Macbook Air once it comes out in the middle of July. I'm currently in the US but I will be leaving the country for an extended period of time on July 15th (damn, worst timing, already booked my flight!). That's about when the new MBA will be released I guess, so I won't be able to get one on time.

So my choices are as follows:
    - Let a friend buy one for me and send it to Germany (that's where I'll be).
    - Use some kind of international forwarding service like Bongo International or MyUS.
    - Other ideas?

Does any of you have experience with any of these companies? I read some blog article that Apple actually knows about them and cancels orders going to one of the "popular" mail forwarding addresses.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

It probably won't be a long wait (if there is one at all) between the US and European release dates for the new lines. Between the forwarding company cut and shipping costs, it will probably be close to even. Plus I *think* that you can get VAT (European "tax") refunded when you leave the EU.

3. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

If you were to buy one in Germany it would most likely comes with a QWERTZ keyboard, no? And what leads you believe that they are coming out in the middle of July? No one knows when, or even if they are going to release new MacBook Airs.

EDIT: Wait a minute - HOLY OLD THREAD. Why would you even dig this up?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

*****? I didn't even notice that. It showed up as the active thread in the main forum listing for the Buying Tips and Advice section. That's strange lol.