International Student Discount!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeorgeN111, May 16, 2012.

1. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

Hello everyone, hope you are doing OK. I just wanted to clear up a question regarding International Student Discounts when buying a Mac in the US.

I am from England and this August I will be travelling around the United States, New York, California, Nevada and Utah etc and I plan to buy a new MacBook Pro whilst I am there for the new School year. (New ones should be out by then) I just have a few questions regarding Student Discount and also location.

Firstly, I am a student here in the UK, I am 17 and therefor I am about a year away from going to University. I have a Student Discount card and other documentation to show this. The question I have is, will I be able to use my Student Discount in the US. If not is there any way to get around this, perhaps order by phone for store collection, if thats possible? I just guess the discount would be a nice bonus.

Also, I have been to the USA over 10 times now, but I have never been outside of Florida, Georgia and Texas, do the other states have varying levels of sales Tax. I will be going all around the West Coast this August and was wondering what is the best State to buy it?

Many thanks in advance,

George.

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

In many states you can get a sales tax exemption by showing your foreign ID and filling out a form.

If you are travelling in Oregon, they have no sales tax.