International Travel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Metsfan7450, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I'm traveling from the United States to Cancun Mexico for a week in February and am a little confused as to what to do about my data plan. AT&T explained their $3.99 package for World Connect so I can make calls at a discounted rate (9cents/minute), but didn't adequately explain what I need to do about my data plan. The hotel has wifi so I won't be using my data plan and don't want to pay for random things like incoming e-mails, etc. Is there a way to turn the data plan off on the phone or does AT&T do it? I just don't want to come back to all these crazy charges!:eek:

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'm in your same situation in this coming month, I called AT&T and explained to them that I know already about the whole Int'l Data package (which will be charged on top of the $30) blah blah... and they told me about these 2 features:

Text Feature Restriction Opt Out
    Data Feature Opt Out

They said to call them a week before (or a couple of days) before my flight and tell them when will I come back so they can block entirely my data - so no international data charges, with the use of those features above.