Internationnal shipping in Europe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tex-Twil, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    well as soon as the new MBP were online I wanted to order one but ... I'm kind of stuck.

I'm living in Berlin but I'm French, hence I would like to have a french keyboard. I thought that I will be able to order on the French online store and make it deliver in Germany but it is not possible ?!

What shall I do ?

1- Go to a :apple: store here in Berlin and ask them if they can order one for me from France ? I'm scared that this could take much longer that a standard procedure.

2- Just buy a US keyboard and get used to it. After all, at work I'm using a querty. This would also allow me to sell the MBP more easily the day I want to sell it.

3- Call a Apple store in Paris and buy it there then get a return ticket to Paris. (+ 200€) .... hmmm this is not really an option.

Thanks for your advices,

Tex

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I am confused you can order a localized keyboard i.e her in the UK I can buy a french keyboard.

3. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

On the French store they have FR+US+GB on the German one DE+US+GB.

4. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

So I've just called Apple and they told me that they can order a MBP with a French keyboard for me. It will not take longer to make it deliver. The only restriction is that I have to choose a standard configuration. I wanted to have a 7200 rpm HD :s

Damn I don't know what to do.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Pity their BTO has so many useless features isn't it?

For example, I'm from the UK but I want US keyboard...
    Luckily here in Japan they have the choice of the local JPN keyboard or the US one.

I don't understand why Apple can't offer BTO users more options?
    I'm sure it'll improve user's satisfaction too, no?

6. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Well I called again 'cos I wanted to order but this time another guy told me that it is NOT possible to order a FR keyboard and that I can order only US,UK or German .... :s

I have the direct number of the 1st guy who seemed to be more skilled so I'll call again to ask him.

Tex

7. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

so I've just ordered the high end MBP with US keyboard on the german online store.

I will get used to the keyboard. If not, maybe I can ask Apple to replace it later.

cheers,

Tex