Internet anywhere. The perfect iPad companion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by petvas, Oct 30, 2010.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Actually this is not only the best ipad companion. It works with any laptop and mobile phone.. I am talking about the Huawei E5 mobile Wlan Router. It is a very small device that provides connectivity on the road for up to 5 devices. It is a wireless router that uses a SIM card to connect to the Internet (3G). I just bought it today and I am really impressed by the size of this device. It is really very small, so small that you can lose it in your pocket!
    Battery should last 4-5 hours, but the device has also a power saving mode when idle. It offers a web based interface for configuration. It doesn't really need any config, but if you want to change password, or the name and security settings of the Wireless LAN, then you need the web interface. If not, then it is really simple: Plug in any 3G SIM card, power the device on and connect to its wireless network. As simple as that.

I am really impressed. It is much better using this device than having a 3G iPad. Now I can share my internet connection between my iPad, iPhone 4 and business laptop.

I bought it from Amazon.de for 120€.
    http://www.amazon.de/Huawei-E5-Mobi...2TIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288446104&sr=8-1

You can also watch a video of this device here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvW3HUvooSU&sns=em

2. lieb39 macrumors 6502

lieb39

Wow impressive. Are you able to charge it in car?

3. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

Actually I don't know if there is such an accessory. I charge it with the USB cable that comes with the device.

4. Meever macrumors 6502a

It's too bad American companies have retarded rates. The iPad's 3g rates are one of the more reasonable ones... especially off contract XD

only if they still had the unlimited data for 30....

5. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I have a flat rate from O2 here in Germany for 25€/month. After the first 5GB they reduce the speed, but I rarely use more than 3-4GB.