Internet Apps (Skype, Safari, Firefox, Mail.app, etc.) keep crashing...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by flip.pt, Aug 17, 2010.

1. flip.pt macrumors newbie

flip.pt

Hi all,

Recently, I have been having several issues with my macbook... I have a macbook 2.2GHz Core 2 Due with 4GB of ram...

Skype is the app that keeps crashing the most, Safari and Firefox crash from time to time as well... and Mail.app crashes sometimes when Skype and Safari crash...

I already perform a fresh installation of the OS and no luck. I also kept on doing "repair disk permissions" with Disk Utility but also no luck...

The last time I performed a Tech Deluxe check and all test passed...

I think the problem can be either disk issues or faulty memory... in the worst of the worst motherboard .

Anyone faced the same issues? Any clue on what can it be?

F

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

hm....sounds like you're in quite the pickle their my friend. I have no idea what it really could be, but since you've already done a fresh install, repair disk permissions, and basically every other check you can do, there's not really any options left other than some form of hardware failure...you know what I would try? Boot into safe mode. I believe safe mode is reached by holding down the "shift" key when starting up your mac. From there you can run all sorts of nifty diagnostics on everything you can imagine. You should be able to find something there. Let me know :)

3. flip.pt thread starter macrumors newbie

flip.pt

Managed to get better results after I disabled Flash in Safari... Now it runs better...

Bloody flash app for mac!

F

4. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Update the flash player maybe your flash installation is ***** up:p

5. supperbatman macrumors newbie

Try Opera, it has an email client and it is more stable than safari.

6. LPZ macrumors 65816

Open the Console app in your Utility folder. In Console, go to File-->Open Quickly--> Diagnostic and Usage Information --> User Diagnostic Reports and find recent relevant crash logs. Copy and post here.

7. Detrius macrumors 68000