Internet/browser issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dsa, Jul 19, 2008.

1. dsa macrumors newbie

My internet has been driving me insane lately. I don't know if it's the individual servers of the sites or if it's my computer or network. For the past month, YouTube will only play only a select few videos, the rest will end up with the "Sorry, this video is no longer available" message. I'll visit a site that has multiple images posted, but the images won't display. I've checked to make sure they aren't broken and they never are. In addition to this, the internet on all of the Macs in my house (my C2D 2GB MacBook, my mom's C2D 1GB iMac, and my brother's G4) move at a snail's pace in comparison to my crappy PC.

Is there a reason why this is going on and is there anything I can do about it?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

First off I would try resetting your router to factory defaults. There is usually a little pinhole with a reset button you depress for 30 seconds while the router is turned on.

You may need to connect by Ethernet cable to setup the router.
    Login to your router with your web browser 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
    Default name is usually Admin
    Default password is either left blank, admin, password or default.
    Give your network an easy to remember SSID name.
    Change the Wireless channel from the default in case other neighbors networks are interfering as they are probably using the same default channel.
    Set up wireless security.
    Give the router a password.

3. dsa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much. I think everything is in working order again.