Internet browsing redirection to Chinese site

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacLuana, Feb 28, 2010.

1. MacLuana macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've got a MacBook Pro from 2007 and for a week or so I've experienced something very interesting for a Mac... In the evenings, after 8-9 pm when I access some sites (let's say ebay) and click on an item to read the description, it comes up in Chinese! Actually it's the same page every time I try to open the description of any item I pick on ebay. This happened with other sites as well... The redirection is to a site called "net.cn". Do you know what it could be and how I can fix this annoying thing on my MacBook Pro? Not to forget to mention that the operation system I've got is Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Many thanks

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Try clearing your browser's cache for starters and see if that helps

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'd try doing an erase and install of the operating system if that doesn't work.

Take a backup of your documents first though.

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Check your DNS server data in Network which is inside of Sys Prefs... you could try using Google's 8.8.8.8

5. MacLuana thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, guys, but I'm really new to the Mac world and I don't know how to do that (I know how to do it on a Windows laptop) but not on a Mac...:eek:

6. MacLuana thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. I'm using Firefox most of he time. Hoe can I empty the cashe on it? Or, is it possible to block a certain site, as I know its name, so if I could only be able to block it off somehow....