internet conection issues - 2010 mba ultimate

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by imHappy, Aug 2, 2011.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

Hey guys.

I had an issue today, the thing is when I boot my mba, it had full bars of internet conection, yet i simply could not connect to any web page. I had to restart in order to actually have internet. Anybody has this issue? im worry this could happen more often and get worse!

Also sometimes after i get my laptop back from sleep 9/10 it doesnt get internet even if it has 5 full bars of conection which the only way to solve is to restart aswell.

Damn it feels like it will someday stop getting internet =(

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Are you using Snow Leopard or Lion? I think some people have reported connectivity bugs with Lion, so if you recently upgraded it could be that. If rebooting works for now, I'd just stick with it until there's a fix. If it's Snow Leopard, then provide some more details and maybe we can help.

3. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

My 2010 mba has been having some connection issues too, waking from sleep and from cold boot my mba will not load any webpages.
    are you running lion?
    if so, i've found that clicking disconnect in system preferences and then connecting again will solve the issue, but only until your computer goes to sleep again.

4. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

snow leopard, sorry for not giving that detail.

Like afireintonto said, could it be because the machine was in a cold condition?

5. calvol macrumors 6502a

No WiFi problems with my 2010 MBA with SL, connects instantly when I waken it. Try to reproduce the issue with another router, if no problem, then check your router.

6. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

well, hope its the router and not my mac. I cant compare it with my desktop because its conected to by wire so i would need another laptop to actually compare to verify that issue is the router itself.

7. calvol macrumors 6502a

No WiFi problems with my 2010 MBA with SL, connects instantly when I waken it. Try to reproduce the issue with another router, if no problem, then check your router.