internet connection and jail-broken iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pvdoug, Aug 4, 2011.

1. pvdoug macrumors newbie

I have a non jail-broken iphone4 with AT@T and an jail-broken iphone 3g that is not hooked up to any phone company. In my condo I have wifi and both my phones operate perfectly in terms of the internet. My girlfriend has the same wifi provider in her condo and I took my iphone 3g over there. It appeared that I signed into the internet perfectly; it show the wifi symbol to the right of "no service" and it shows me signed into her wifi in "settings". But it is not working. It does not show new mail and responds "the mail server "pop3.live.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account into in mail settings." When I click my stock icon the response is "network unavailable". Bloomberg show "no internet connection". I cannot access the internet. What am I doing wrong? My iphone4 is also hooked up to her wifi and works perfectly in both locations.

2. pvdoug thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgive the bump, but any answers to the above question?

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'd check that the only place you are having the issue is there or is the problem everywhere? that would be my 1st question. if that is the only location the problem occurs then it's either a modem issue or a settings issue. the problem would have to exists there. Solution new girlfriend your WiFi's are not compatible. :p

4. pvdoug thread starter macrumors newbie

We both have Verizon internet connections. With my iphone4 I have signed into both her and my internet and I get a full connection. With my iphone 3g that is also correctly signed into hers and mine it only works at my location. The bizarre thing to me is that my iphone 3g at her location "shows" the icon for internet connections but it still does not work. Again, the Verizon internet service we each have is identical.

5. pvdoug thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to Starbucks and both phones worked with the free wifi. I called the internet service provider for Verizon and he advised me to reset the iphone3g internet connections. I did and it now works in all locations. Issue resolved