Internet Connection Issues

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by pfeez, Jul 27, 2016.

1. pfeez macrumors newbie

Hi I'm having an issue and hoping someone can help.

My internet connection keeps dropping out. Safari starts to load a pages (blue bar starts to move) but then just stops and it can take ages to actually load anything, if it does. This happens on wifi and ethernet, across both safari and chrome and on networks at home and work. My phone and iPad connected to the same networks run fine.

I've tried resetting NVRAM, SMC, junking network plist for wifi etc but doesn't seem to make a difference. If I use the network diagnostic it tells me that ISP, Internet and Server have failed and says to restart the router. But if I wait a few seconds, all the lights go green again and it tells me it's working correctly. Once I've run the diagnostic in the network settings, the box next to network name just has a blank line in it or says no network selected and the name of my router only reappears when I click on it again.

It's driving me bonkers as it's making using the web on my macbook almost impossible. There's nothing downloading in the background as far as I can see, but the internet just keeps dropping out and even if I reconnect to the network it doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm running a mid-2012 Macbook Pro on OSX 10.11.6, 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 with 4GB of RAM if that helps.

Thanks

2. Balam13 macrumors newbie

do as I and many others did , stop waisting time looking into this problem, and buy yourself a 9 dollar tp-link nano usb dongle in the meanwhile, and hope apple takes a serious look at this in the next update