Internet connection lost when CPU% goes up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lilith2014, Jul 5, 2014.

1. lilith2014 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have MBP aliuminum, running 10.6

When I use chrome flashplayer or quicktime or torrent, some times, veryoften I may add, the internet goes off. I can't find a solution. Anybody has any idea?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm guessing your MBP is quite a bit older.

Have you tried a clean install of OSX?

3. yangchewren macrumors regular

you should provide us the exact model number of your MBP.

Later perform some troubleshooting steps to exclude other possibilities:
    1. Do such symptoms appear when using ethernet?(yes->possibly a software problem)

2. When using another wifi network? (yes->try a further step of cheap troubleshooting, use an external wifi dongle and see if this happens)

3. After a fresh install of OS X^^^?

4. lilith2014 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply guys, I hope you can answer me this after giving more info.

Yes, is quite old, is a MBP2,2 2007 2.33 inter core duo with 3gb 667 ddr2 sdram.

When I used ethernet or wifi, it gets disconnected. Only happens when I have one of those three elements open (torrent, chrome with flashplayer on, and quicktime). I see in my Activity monitor how the CPU% goes up with these three, fu***ng chrom helper makes most of the mess and the kernel_task goes up, it has to be memory I imagine, but it didn't mess up like this before.

Now my new question is. I clear OSX install means all of my stuff will be gone, if I restore it later with my backup, which is a mirror of what I have now, it will be the same at the end right?

THanks.

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

It depends on how much continues space avail in your HDD. If possible, you can crate a partition to perform a clean OSX installation.

In that case, you will have 2 OS. The new one is for testing purpose. If there is no problem, you can move your data into this new partition, and then delete the old one.