Internet Connection problem??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hamham3001, Apr 9, 2007.

1. hamham3001 macrumors newbie

I just got a macbook c2d, and when im at home, i can perfectly connect to my wireless router.... when im at my other home at my university, i cant connect with my linksys router.. it only works when i connect the cable from my router.. could the problem be with my router, as my friend who has a mac-mini, is having the same problem.. (my friend's mac-mini sometimes couldnt connect to the internet for a day..)

2. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

it could be that there is a lot of interference on the channel that your router is using.

try changint the routers wireless channel

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Try changing the type of Wireless Security.

I have a fonera with DD-WRT and the mbp refused to connect if i used WPA with the mixed TKIP/AES algorithm. Use just AES.

or first try disabling security altogether and try connecting. Upgrade firmware is another option too, but i hear Linksys firmware is one of the worst offenders towards bricking your router. upload DD-WRT on your linksys. What model is it?

It always has something to do with the encryption or security. I know my friend's MB couldnt connect to my other friends wireless because the MB detected the wrong type of encryption. We picked a different type and it worked.