Internet Connection Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DJ Zoots, Apr 18, 2009.

1. DJ Zoots macrumors newbie

im a newb and i hope this thread is in the right place.
    but ive been trying to figure out how to connect my powermac g4 to the internet. i was told that it has the "built-in ethernet" and that all i need to do is config it so it will pick up the wireless signal from the router on the main family computer. but whenever i go to config the network connection, and check the status, it tells me that the built-in Ethernet is not plugged in. why is it saying that? do i not have the built in ethernet? i just want to connect to the internet, but i dont want to spend over $120 to have geeksquad come and do it if i can just do it myself. if u need anymore info on the G4 just ask, ive been doing so much research lately im sure i can easily tell you anything about my G4.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Built-in ethernet means that you need an ethernet cable connected from the router to your computer to access the internet.
    If you're trying to connect wirelessly you will have to open the Airport settings, not the ethernet ones.

3. DJ Zoots thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you. well i havent seen anything about an airport. when i go to network setup assistant, and get to the part where it asks me how i connect to the internet, i only have the bottom 3 available (DSL , cable, or LAN). im guessing i dont have an airport card, if thats what i need to connect. hope this info helps u better