internet connection weaker on mbp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hipvamore, Jul 4, 2008.

1. hipvamore macrumors regular

Hey i recently switched over from my macbook to a macbook pro and there is a huge noticeable difference that the internet connection is much weaker and has a harder time picking up the wireless from where i am in the house.anyone familiar with this, see what i'm talking about?, have any suggestions? thanks!

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Since the MBP antennae is enclosed in aluminum it will not have as good a range as the MB's in plastic. I have had both and while the MBP's has improved over the years it still can't compare to the iBooks or the MB's.

I think this has been posted about numerous times. Good luck with the MBP, I like them worlds better than the MB and you've posted the only operating advantage the MB has over its aluminum brethren.

3. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

ha my bad dude i try to search around before posting but i can never find anything. but thanks for the info, you helped a lot.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

What's funny is my powerbook pulls better signal than my friends macbook does.

I was kinda surprised myself.

Good luck. I've seen some stuff about boosting signal, if you have a DD-WRT compatible router, it may help you out.