internet connectivity issues

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Seanymac, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Seanymac macrumors newbie

NEED HELP BAD...SEVERELY PISSED at this machine. Safari cannot connect to server. Other browsers as well respond in same way. Internet hangs all the time. Called Apple Care Support and they have not been able to provide me with a simple way to fix this problem. Using wireless router. little blue ? marks pop up everywhere. PLEASE HELP! I know I am not the only one with this issue.

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Calm down, take a breath dude. You're so worked up you're not making much sense.

First of all, what does "little blue" and "marks pop up everywhere" mean?

next, what have you tried and what was the result. You said you were on the phone with applecare, so surely y'all went through some basic troubleshooting...

3. Seanymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, the reason I was furious is because I had typed up an entire post on what I was experiencing. Spent about 30 minutes typing. Next thing I know, internet failed and erased my post before I could submit the post. Anyways, I talked to Apple again today and we troubleshooted several things. What I had meant in the previous post was that little "blue question marks" were on the screen. Like the page couldn't load a picture or something. But we changed the router settings, I updated the firmware, reset the router, reset safari, power cycled the modem which feeds into the router, changed DNS settings, tried to connect via LAN connection. You name it we tried it. Several pages would come up as "safari cannot connect to the server" while my wifi connection was showing "connected". Firefox as well as Google Chrome responded the same way. It was strange today though. I connected the Ethernet cable to try LAN and I couldn't achieve a connection, howver in my Network window, it showed connected. Without many more options, I tore everything apart from the modem to the router and disconnected wifi and everything. I put everything back and I "knock on wood" have not had an issue yet. BTW, thanks for the response.