internet cripped all of a sudden!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frankiechan1, Oct 24, 2009.

1. frankiechan1 macrumors member

so this morning i was using igetter to download a disc image,, it was running smooth for half an hour at 1mb per sec..... all of a sudden it drop to 100kb/sec ..... its been like that for the whole day... at first i thot it was the isp problem but then all my other computer works just fine.... they can all run in 1mb/sec downloading stuff... so im pretty sure it has to do wit something wit my mbp

2. polaris20 macrumors 68020

OMG the whole Internet!!!????

Seriously, assuming you mean the networking functionality on your one machine, it very well could be the site you're downloading the .iso from. I download .iso's constantly (Linux, BSD) and sometimes the speeds drop down to that or below on my Macs, Windows, or Linux machines. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Try downloading something from download.com or apple.com/downloads to see if it's faster.

3. frankiechan1 thread starter macrumors member

thing is from rapidshare but honestly like all the sites i go to are really slow now n i even tried going to bell canada speed test... it indicates that my download speed is only 3xxx kbps but my other computers are at least 9xxxkbps

4. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I don't know what router or firmware you're running, but if you're using a firmware/router with variable transmit power, try upping the transmit power. You could also vary the channel you're broadcasting on. Literally, try every channel. You could als reboot your router, your laptop, try repositioning it, etc. It's gonna be something simple.

Tom