Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jf0517

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
CO
On my macbook pro i have an issue regarding wireless internet. Ive checked that other computers (PCs) in my house with wireless are not doing this, so i would guess its not a router issue. Basically what happens is the wireless disconnects, or lowers its signal to an unusable level after a short period of inactivitiy. So when im browsing it works fine from page to page, but when i take a break from using the internet for a few minutes it disconnects. This basically shows itself by a unsuccessful web page load when i get back. So when i return and click a link or try to load a page, it just attempts for an extended time, then says server response error, or something similar. This has also happened in pretty much every browser ive tried, safari, firefox, camino. Also in adium my friend have said that im frequently disconnecting and reconnecting but i cannot see this from my side. It just ends up meaning that only some of my replies actually get to the person im talking to. So any info and ideas would be very helpful.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Are you running Mac OS X 10.4.10? If so, have you run Software Update recently? Apple has released several AirPort-related updates in recent days that address precisely these kinds of issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.