Internet Disconnecting/ Running slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macrbest, Aug 23, 2013.

1. macrbest macrumors newbie

I use a Macbook Pro connected to a wired Netgear router on the same network as an iMac and another Macbook Pro.

When the other users are connected to the internet Safari runs either slow or gives me a message saying disconnected. I have seen terminal on several times on one of the other machines. Could this be used to throttle bandwidth? I do not have a lot of experience in this area and I hope that you guys can provide some insight. I would be greatly appreciative if I was allowed to work (mostly internet based) without worrying about internet availability. I was forced to super glue the reset button to the router just to keep the other users from changing settings.

I should also mention that I am able to regain an internet connection by removing and reconnecting my ethernet cord. After a few minutes my speed eventually falls back down.

I have checked both my cat 6 cable, router, and sent my computer to apple care to get checked out at there service center. What could the other people on the network do to limit my computer? How do I fix and prevent any future attempts?

Thanks in advance!

2. macrbest thread starter macrumors newbie