Internet doesn't work when external display plugged in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrazedVW, Jun 22, 2009.

1. CrazedVW macrumors member

I've got a very odd problem with the 13" Macbook Pro I bought over the weekend.

I tried it out this morning with my 20" external LCD display for the first time. As soon as I plug in the mini display plug I lose my wireless internet connection. As soon as I unplug the display plug the internet returns.

If I plug an ethernet cable directly into the MBP while the external LCD is plugged in the problem doesn't occur. (Discovered this with after some difficulty of moving the LCD from my home office to the living room to test out this theory.)

It's worth noting I never had the problem with the Aluminum Powerbook nor the 15" Macbook Pro (late 2006 revision) that I used with this set up prior to the new MBP.

Any ideas about what's going on?

2. danj122 macrumors member

bump, having exact same issue.

Although I have noticed another quirk in that the internet is fine if i run the external monitor at 1920x1080 resolution, but as soon as I put it to 1900x1200 the internet either loses connection or is extremely slow.

I am using a netgear router, a benq g2400w display and an early 2009 17inch macbook pro. Oh and a mini dp->hdmi cable.