Internet Explorer 11

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chattahoochee, Jan 30, 2016.

1. chattahoochee macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2012
    Palmetto Florida
    I am using Yahoo as my search engine on Safari. I cannot determine the version of Yahoo. I want to upgrade to Yahoo 11 if possible. My Wife is having problems with her Yahoo after upgrading to OSX El Capitan 10.11/3 I thought an upgrade of Yahoo may be in order.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2016 ---
    Please ignore my post ! I just realized my "Search Engine" is Safari not Internet Explorer.
  2. brentsg macrumors 68040

Oct 15, 2008
    You are confusing browsers with search engines. Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox are all web browsers. Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc are search engines. Consider those a service that you use with a browser.

You mention Yahoo 11. I think that's an iteration of Yahoo Messenger, which is a Yahoo instant messaging client. I think this is what you need to read: .

Since Yahoo isn't going to support their own messaging app on OSX 10.10 and forward, you'll need to download a third party client that can work with that service. I would recommend Adium for OSX. It's outstanding, and it works with many different instant messaging services, Yahoo included.