Internet Explorer for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by phatjoe88, Mar 3, 2011.

1. phatjoe88 macrumors member

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so I'm looking for a little help. Is there an app either from app store or Cydia that can run Internet Explorer similar to a skyfire or cloud browse? I have a web based program for work that only runs on ie8. Any help is appreciated.

2. OSMac macrumors 65816

Laptop better?

Else would a remote desktop application on iPad work?

3. phatjoe88 thread starter macrumors member

Have a laptop would prefer the iPad
    Only remote desktop app I saw was $80 from parallel.com (but I didn't look very hard)

4. OSMac macrumors 65816

Check out pocketcloud and splashtop remote desktops .

5. MisturSrs macrumors newbie

If hypothetically you didn't have a desktop computer or computer to pair with your iPad, I would build a small headless XP client. 512mb to 1gb of DDR2, an Atom processor (dual core if you can manage it) and a minimum 500gb HDD. If you look on sites like Newegg.com you could probably cobble together one of these PC's for a few dollars. Then talk to your work's IT guy, ask if they have any spare copies of XP enterprise or the like. Pop that on there, install iTunes and a VNC application, set up your iPad to it (maybe set your sync settings) then remove the monitor for good. Now when you need to remote in on your work applications you can use your iPad as a virtual screen to that desktop that has IE8. And, with that harddrive you can backup all of your applications, movies and music without a problem. Heck with itunes you could use the homeshare feature and just put all of it on there.

Hmm I think I'm going to do that.:D

6. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I think that this demonstrates the deficiency of your company's budget or IT Dept/Web programmers. They implemented web apps that are MicroSoft centric which usually signals that they drink the Microsoft Kool-Aid as much as people on this forum drink the Mac Kool-Aid.

7. Cha macrumors regular

Actually it's probably because of activex controls from a third party application. Most business apps are still geared towards an IE browser, unfortunately.

8. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

This.

I work at a really, really, really large company. Parts of the internal services are still pretty much all IE oriented.

9. aberrero macrumors 6502a

iTap RDP is $12 last I checked, and it works pretty well for remote desktop.