Internet Explorer for Mac OS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wifeofpdx, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wifeofpdx macrumors member

Is the older IE 5.xx still available to download someplace?? I can't seem to find the download, but I sure could use it for a certain site I have to access.

This would allow me to get rid of VM Ware....... and simply have a bootcamp set up.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. wifeofpdx thread starter macrumors member

LOL.... too funny.. I just came across this while doing some more searching for IE for Mac. I was headed back here to do a search for wine!

Thanks... I'll give it a shot.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Have you tried changing the user agent in Safari to Internet Explorer 6 or 7? It actually works well.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Unless the OP is running Safari 4 Dev Preview, I don't think that full release versions had User Agent selectability. (Or did I just miss that all these years?)

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

They do, it's just hidden in the Debug menu, which isn't enabled by default, and wasn't exposed as a user preference until Safari 3.

7. madog macrumors 65816

madog

In the current version of Safari's preferences you can activate the Debug menu which will allow you to change your user agent.

I know I have a copy of it somewhere at home, but it's really more trouble than it's worth because it is so old and awful that it can't open many sites and doesn't do too much for IE only sites on a Mac because of that. Try FireFox if you haven't.

8. wifeofpdx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all!

Firfox is on the list to be compatible soon, but not yet. I used the WINE with IE download. Works just fine for what I need.