Internet Explorer for Mac - Sign Up For The Beta

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thefunkymunky, Nov 25, 2010.

1. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Source: ie4mac.com

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Wow! I didn't expect this to happen! Thanks for posting, I already signed in :p

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

I thought there already was a project for running IE on OS X with that name, but it turned out it was ie4osx.

ies4osx seems to be quite dated, but it's arguably more of an application runnable on OS X than ie4mac, since that isn't really running on your Mac...
    So yeah. The beta is free, but it's a service, and will probably be charged for as one.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I won't use IE on a Windows System, why would I want to use it under OSX?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Nobody is forcing you to use it. I've faced several sites that require IE due to some plug-in. IE will definitely not be my number 1 browser choice but having an option to use it is never bad.

6. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Wow someone is going to sell that?

It's just remote app with IE packaged in it.

It's how I run IE, via remote app/RDP off a Win2K8R2 server.

You just tell the RDP app for the Mac to open IE on launch.

I need IE for SharePoint, Safari is close but IE does the small stuff that Safari still doesn't.

I would have serious security concerns since all your browsing and info entered is going through a third party. Why they are probably not a risk, its a nice big target for someone wanting to harvest info.

Now what would be nice is if they were not using the RDP app for the Mac but instead their own which made Remote App as seamless on the Mac as it is on Windows.

Flash/Video, etc will blow though.

With RDP 6.1 on the PC HD video via RDP is great but the Mac version is a bit behind.