Internet Explorer on Mac 10.6.6

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fitworldmac, Feb 15, 2011.

1. fitworldmac macrumors member

In order to get into my database for my business I need to do it through internet explorer..........how do I go about doing this on a Mac?
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Parallels, VMWare, or BootCamp. There is no native IE for Mac suitable for business use.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

IE 5.2.3 runs on OS 10.6 but may not be compatible with your site.

You could also try Safari, masquerading as IE (Preferences > Advanced > Show Develop menu, then Develop > User Agent > Internet Explorer 6/7/8).

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

If you install Crossover, you can run IE6 (maybe IE7 - haven't checked their compatibility list lately)

5. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

Change your current web browser's user agent.

6. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

WineBottler works for IE6 and 7. IE8, though, is extremely buggy in the Wine environment.

8. brandone, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

brandone macrumors member

Im guessing you have to use .NET Framework which no one has taken into account. If this is the case, "Changing your User Agent" will have no effect. If your company has many apple users, I would suggest you talk to your System Administrator and ask him about Remote Desktop Services (formally known as terminal services). This way apple users can log onto a remote instance of windows to access the database. All of the Virtual Machine softwares will bring your computer to its knees. If you are using remote desktop services, the remote computer is responsible for a processing requests.
    EDIT: And just to clarify, if it does require .NET Framework, no software can emulate that. i.e. wine, crossover.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Agreed. VNC is the way to go.