Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

internet icon in macbook air?

bharti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
i tried finding the internet explorer icon in my new macbook air but cant seem to find it on the desktop can anyone tell me where can i get it
or do i have to install the internet explorer first????
im totally new with this thing...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i tried finding the internet explorer icon in my new macbook air but cant seem to find it on the desktop can anyone tell me where can i get it
Internet Explorer is not included with Mac OS X, and you shouldn't install it. Use Safari (which is included), or you can install Firefox or Chrome.

Helpful Information for Any Mac User

pscraig

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Click the "spaceship" icon on the row of icons at the bottom, then click the icon that looks like a blue compass. This is Safari, Apple's excellent web browser.

From here you can also install Firefox.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
Alternately simultaneously press the Command and the Spacebar. It should bring up a 'search bar' on the top right hand corner of the screen. Type in Safari and press enter.

Switching to a new OS might seem a bit daunting in the beginning, but stick with it, and you'll never want to go back to windows again :D

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

Slowly step away from the Mac. You don't know what you just bought.

----------

I'm joking for course. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
if it makes you feel better you could replace safari icon with internet explorer icon

-how to change osx icons

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Mac-OS-X-Icons

-internet explorer .png icon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.