Internet in Windows 7 with BC in lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by 03gti18t, May 8, 2012.

1. 03gti18t macrumors newbie

I have been tearing my hair out over this one. I know there are A LOT of threads concerning this topic but none have been helpful thus far. I am running a late 2009 27" iMac with OSX lion and I have recently installed windows 7 through bootcamp, install went fine and i have installed the windows support software that bootcamp downloaded during installation. The problem i am having is that my wireless connection is showing that there are no networks in range (while there def is, plus it asked me to choose a network during install and it was there at that point) also my ethernet LAN shows as connected but is not providing a connection either. A funny thing i noticed was that my wireless card driver seems to be installed as an "Atheros" type card, which from what I've read is wrong. I believe i should have a broadcom type. If i manually install the broadcom 802.11n network driver it says it could not start the device. As for the ethernet card it is installed as a nvidia nforce card and i haven't even scratched the surface with trying to diagnose that one. So my question is where do I go from here? Ive been picking at this thing all night and have gotten nowhere fast. any help would be great, thank you in advance.

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

This might be going out on a limb, but I recommend redownloading and reburning the Apple support software, as there might have been a problem with the download. Also, check the validity of your Windows 7 CD. It might conflict with Apple's interests and give you problems.

3. 03gti18t thread starter macrumors newbie

Im will try this today, I'm going to wipe it all out and start with a fresh install. I will post the results later today. thank you for your reply.

4. barredfreak macrumors 6502

Always here to help. Let me know how it goes. :)