Internet is flawless in Boot Camp, but sporadic on Mac side

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by switcher3365, Jun 21, 2010.

1. switcher3365 macrumors regular

I have a 2008-era MacBook Pro and I am using a Belkin Wireless G router with Road Runner cable internet. I've been having sporadic internet outages. Things will be going great, and then all of a sudden, my connection will die for 15-30 seconds at a time. Websites won't load. In the network diagnostics utility, it tells me that my ISP connection is dead and then it will cut back on. This happens several times per hour. I originally thought it was an issue with my ISP, and then I decided to spend a day just working in Windows Vista via Boot Camp. Well, there were absolutely NO outages and pages loaded WAY faster than they do on the Mac side. I also tried plugging in the cable modem to the computer. There were no problems there either. Since I can use WiFi without incident in Windows and hooking the cable modem directly to the computer causes no problems on the Mac side, I can only conclude that there has to be some sort of settings problem that is causing this.

Does anyone else have this problem? Let me know if I need to provide more details.

2. farsouthmacmad macrumors newbie

Internet has utterly failed on mac side, works *yes* flawless on bootcamp pc

I have an early 2009 macbookpro. 15' little bugger, with Intel Core 2 Duo ;T9400 @ 2.53Ghz with 1,59 Ghz, 2,72 GB RAM. Bootcampd with just about 60 GB on the PC side. Working on a
    Scientific Atlanta kinda all in one WifiCableModem provided by the ISP. In the matters of the internet, it worked great, then just fine, kinda, sporadic but had to do mostly with ISP issues. This on the mac side.
    Well, after a 72h crash due to *ehem* tech service, the mac side failed to connect to the internet and then I came to find that it worked perfectly on the PC side.
    The flawlessness of the internet on the pc side has led me to believe as you concluded that it appears to be a network setting issue. On the mac. It appears connected in the Airport icon, and Safari loads a blank page for about 3-5 to then shows the "you are not connected to the internet" sign.
    Im stuck on bootcamp. please help!

3. switcher3365 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, my problem ended up being something to do with the router. I bought a refurbished Netgear router from CompUSA for $10 and have been using it for about 3 weeks and have no internet problems at all.