Internet is insanely slow since update (???)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by babond, Apr 7, 2008.

1. babond macrumors member

So I got a message saying I needed to upgrade yesterday (i forgot exactly what all got updated) so I did so before I went to sleep and now today my Internet is being very slow. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what but it sucks. I can't even listen to a myspace profile song....or watch a youtube video and sites are loading a lot slower than usual. Any ideas people? Anyways I can find out if it's my internet provider/modem or just my machine?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

i did the same update, it was for front row, itunes, and something else , but my internet is just fine.

3. byocrysis macrumors regular

byocrysis

try reseting your cable modem and router, see if that helps

4. Natsu macrumors member

I think it's because of the update, the new graphics and little designs from the update slowed your internet speed down (depends on the spec of your computer). I went to reformat my PC (using pc and macbook) and the dude said that if i use the older version of the internet explorer, it could speed up the connection because the old version doesn't have the new graphics and so doesn't lag the internet speed down....I'm not an expert so you can't count everything on this fact
    the connection that day might be slow... happened to me alot :D