Internet is really really slow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Antimatter, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Antimatter macrumors regular

Alright so my Wireless internet on my new MacBook has been really fast previously, but just today it became really slow. It's like I'm back in the dial up era. Even Google pages take seven seconds to load (I counted!). So I figured maybe it was my wireless. So I went upstairs and plugged in my ethernet cord. No improvement at all.

I already restarted and I already reset the PRAM. Is there anything else I can do?

My old windows desktop on the same connection is normal.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

I already did that too.

And Firefox and Safari have the same results.

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I don't have anything new to suggest, but ironically this particular page took me forever to load. :rolleyes:

5. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

It's so bad that I'm using my PC now. I mean it takes about 5 minutes for Adium to sign on.

EDIT: Alright so all is well now. It's back up to speed. Before, to reset my modem, I just unplugged it and then plugged it back in like I always do. Then I looked at it again and saw the reset button. I did that and it works perfectly. Thanks Reflow.

6. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

My imac is slow on certain sites,for whatever reason this site seems to take the longest,I just got Verizon/Fios and it's fast, I went to Speakeasy and did the speed test and these were the results,Download Speed: 20559 kbps (2569.9 KB/sec transfer rate)Upload Speed: 4487 kbps (560.9 KB/sec transfer rate)so my internet connection is good,This site is awesome i just don't know why it takes so long to load?