Internet issue on my MacBook pro!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ma1047, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Ma1047 macrumors newbie

I've never had any issue with Internet on this MacBook pro. Recently, it has been acting up a bit. It shows that it's connected to the internet. However, the Internet or browsing, rather, doesnt work! I'm posting this issue from my iPhone which is working fine through wifi.

Im in med school in the caribbeans and I NEED Internet to work.

Please help me someone!
    Ive done all network changes necessary to have it work. But it just doesn't connect to internet. It'll actually connect to my most visited sites but as soon as I click on something for example sports on yahoo .com, it'll show me the message such as "safari cannot connect" or google chrome or whatever.

I was reading topics here before and saw what you guys usually ask for before trying to find solutions. So here my DNs is 10.0.0.1

Configure IPv4: using dhcp
    IPv4 Address: 10.0.0.3

Also, it won't let me connect through Ethernet either which sucks big time!! I was thinking about upgrading my software? But it won't let me connect to net and it wont proceed. My friend also has a macbook pro and his is working fine with my Internet.

Someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

The most logical way would be to put the two MBPs side by side and look at the network setup in System Preferences and see what is different. It would also help if we knew which MBP and what version of OSx.

3. Ma1047 thread starter macrumors newbie