Internet Issues When Connecting Macbook to External Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by The Boosh!, May 14, 2010.

1. The Boosh! macrumors newbie

Apologies for the long thread title.

I have also carried out a search but the reply's were a little off topic to what I am asking.

Basically, I have connected my Aluminium Macbook (2008) to my HDTV via a Mini Display to HD port.

This works fine when I mirror the image from my macbook. When I turn off mirror image however (IE effectively having two seperate screens) my internet slows down drastically. In some cases it also disconnects. This issue is resolved by turning on the mirror screen button, or unplugging the cable from the laptop.

I can't find anything in settings and this has me really confused :confused:

Any help greatly appreciated.

(one last thing, the screen size on my HD tv is a little off, it cuts off about half a centimeter at the bottom and at the top, no matter how much I play with screen sizes I can't get it to display a full screen, any adivice?(

Sorry for the long post :p

Luke.

2. MacbookWoo macrumors member

Luke,

Make sure you have the correct settings in the display area, Also make sure you are putting the MB into "clamshell" mode and also make sure the MB has the battery charger connected, if this doesnt fix the problem lmk