Internet issues

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tall Steve, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Tall Steve macrumors member

My internet is sporatically working and it is not the isp. I have done all of the trouble shooting with the isp and everthing checks out as far as service goes.

What is weird is that some times when surfing the web some sights pull up as normal while others will not load at all. This is not a server issue because it is happening on dozens of sites.

I am new to macs and this is not helping justify my purchase to the wifey.

Thanks
    TS

2. mags631 Guest

Can you be more explicit about what happens when the page does not "load"? Do you get an error message or page?

3. Tall Steve thread starter macrumors member

It thinks and thinks and thinks then a yellow box appear I am not sure what it says I will look more closely next time.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Just because everything checks out on their end does not mean it's not a problem with your connection. What kind of connection is it? Cable, DSL, other?

What do you mean by yellow box?

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

Do you have a router/firewall device or is the Mac plugged straight into the cable/DSL model or is this a dailup connection. Are there other computers sharing the Internet connection? Do you have a URL of a site that always fails and of one that always works ok?

To get help you will need to provide exact details