internet issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fev, Feb 12, 2008.

1. fev macrumors newbie

Hi all, I'm having 2 problems with the internet...
    1. this has popped up with other people but Safari keeps saying it is unable to access a page, I've tried resetting and also clearing the file in library (there was no safari file!)
    2. I connect to the internet using a bt homehub. The airport says the signal is at full strength but every now and again, mail and safari/ie cannot connect even tho the connection has full signal. Anyone had a similar prob or know how to fix it? resetting the comp usually sorts it but not always!

Cheers.

ps running macbook 2.0 with 2gb ram osx 10.4.11 :apple:

2. DerekW69 macrumors member

No great fixes, but a couple of suggestions...

1. Reset Safari and repair your permissions and restart. I apologize if you've already done all this, but sometimes it helps.

2. (Which helped when I had issue #1 also) Restart your router, either with button or pulling the plug. I use a different one than you, but sometimes mine has trouble allocating addresses and such after it's been on for weeks at a time. You may also try changing your wireless channel — that helped me a whole lot.

D

3. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Safari's known for a few 'glitchs' one being unable to connect to 'some' sites, might be worth trying another browser i.e. camino, Firefox or opera...ect ect. if i encounter a problem i use firefox ;)