Internet Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deldakota, Mar 11, 2009.

1. deldakota macrumors newbie

hello, i really need to get some kinda feedback/help.......i have imac with osx 10.5.6 on it....im using verizon fios and am having major problems accessing the internet at times. this started about a week ago, have been on the phone with verizon 8 times, and several hours, and still cant get the problem resolved! when we open up the router it says states there is a connection, and the router is running fine, still no internet? we have reset the router, reset the fios box on house, and have pinged the router...still no internet? finally verizon decides the router must be faulty, so they send me a new one, i install it, and after about a day, internet access not available again! now they are telling me that mac/apple software is not compatible with fios! and i say that funny? its been compatible for the last 6 months and now its not? and my sons laptop runs on vista, and he is unable to get internet either? so then the tell me my computers are bad! WTF!...i really need to get to the bottom of this, has anyone else encountered this? we have done everything we know and have had their techs work on this, still internet is hit or miss...i want out of my contract but they wont let me without paying a fee!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Please change your post to include proper punctuation and NO bold characters. :)

Your computer isn't "bad", the guy is just an idiot. FiOS works with either OS. Someone with FiOS will be along soon to help you; I only can't because I don't have it. Sorry.

3. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

1. Download OnyX (a free maintenance utility).
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582

2. Open OnyX and Click Cancel on these two Alert Panels:
    -Cancel the S.M.A.R.T. Box
    -Cancel the Startup Volume Box

3. Enter your Password

4. Click on the Cleaning Tab

5. In each tab, execute the command. Check all the boxes in each tab. When its finished in that tab, it will ask you to reboot. Say NO. Go on to the next tab and repeat until all tabs are done. THEN REBOOT.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Do you have torrents? Do you have roommates (that run torrents?)

FIOS works fine for me. Many macs on the network.

Turn off all windows computers. Power cycle the router. Restart your mac.
    Connect to the network. If it works, add one device at a time.

5. deldakota thread starter macrumors newbie

...did all thee above before posting, have done nothing but powered off everything, rebooted, reset, ect,ect,ect.. really at my "witts end" with verizon. just wondering, what would torrent have to do with anything? no room mates just this apple and my sons sony laptop. network is secure and locked down. happened again lastnite also, NO INTERNET! checked settings, everything is up to parr again.