Internet Music - Orb.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by housemusic101, Nov 14, 2007.

1. housemusic101 macrumors newbie

I tried this free site out and it works pretty good for your favorite internet radio streams. You need a PC though and it must be connected to the internet at all times. But I have a PC here at work that always stays connected so I downloaded it, it did its automatic configuration and off I was. I found some internet radio stations that I like from shoutcast and then under my radio favorites at orb I plugged in the url's. When I went to orb.com and signed in (on my iphone), my streams were there (also all the streams my computer automatically detected when I installed it...it searches your computer). I was on an EDGE connection and it played the 128kbps streams no problem (the website detects your internet speed). It loaded up quicktime and had a four hour stream (what is actually playing at the time/I checked it on my computer). I didnt listen to the whole 4 hours I guess it might stop then, but that's a long time anyways. Anyways for now, it's a nice way to listen to your stations and that is what I've been looking for. You have to have a PC and it has to be running (the downsides). You can also use the site to watch your video and regular music off your computer, but I don't need it for that. I buy my videos from itunes store and music, but I like the variety of internet radio from time to time. I tried that jailbreak program called iRadio, but it crashed a lot and only had ambient music streams. Until something comes out that's better and works, this seems to work for me. Hopefully someone will write a program for it, I would if I knew how. If anyone knows of any other means to listen to internet radio I'd like to know. Thanks.

2. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

must agree with you on this one, i use my Windows mobile phone for streaming internet radio alot, something id miss when i upgrade soon. although if they could get a fix for it, that would be great :D

3. wooo macrumors member

stream radio to iphone

if you're still looking, ooTunes is like orb, but runs on mac and linux too, and doesn't require a jailbreak to listen. It streams most radio stations as well.

Steve