Internet Not Connected when put back from sleep or restarted.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by moved2mac, Feb 21, 2009.

1. moved2mac macrumors newbie

Hi ,
    I have recently switched to MAC. I own a 13.3 aluminium mac book.
    There is a problem with internet connect every time i open my mac. Even though my home wireless network is shown as connected but the internet connection is failed. I use the network diagnostics to diagnose but, nothing works.. In order to successfully connect to the Internet, every time i have to restart my modem, Wireless router. When i do this , the internet works fine and is not disconnected unless i put back my mac to sleep.
    Next time when i put back my mac to power and start, the same problem repeats. I have to go all the way to wireless router and modem and restart them.

Please advice if i am missing something and please let me know how can i overcome this issue.
    Additional Info: there are total 3 laptops which connect to my home wireless network. 2 are windows and Only mine is mac. They dont have this problem.

Its reallly pain to restart the modem, wirelss router evertime. Please help.

2. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

wow. i had this EXACT problem.

go to: system preferences>network>airport>advanced>tcp/ip>renew dhcp lease.

do this whenever you wake your mac up...

3. moved2mac thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this what you said. but it doesn't get connectecd