Internet Not Connected when put back from sleep or restarted.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by moved2mac, Feb 21, 2009.

1. moved2mac macrumors newbie

Jan 23, 2009
    Hi ,
    I have recently switched to MAC. I own a 13.3 aluminium mac book.
    There is a problem with internet connect every time i open my mac. Even though my home wireless network is shown as connected but the internet connection is failed. I use the network diagnostics to diagnose but, nothing works.. In order to successfully connect to the Internet, every time i have to restart my modem, Wireless router. When i do this , the internet works fine and is not disconnected unless i put back my mac to sleep.
    Next time when i put back my mac to power and start, the same problem repeats. I have to go all the way to wireless router and modem and restart them.

Please advice if i am missing something and please let me know how can i overcome this issue.
    Additional Info: there are total 3 laptops which connect to my home wireless network. 2 are windows and Only mine is mac. They dont have this problem.

Its reallly pain to restart the modem, wirelss router evertime. Please help.
  2. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2008
    wow. i had this EXACT problem.

go to: system preferences>network>airport>advanced>tcp/ip>renew dhcp lease.

do this whenever you wake your mac up...
  3. moved2mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 23, 2009
    I tried this what you said. but it doesn't get connectecd