Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotlax24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I have the white macbook and I got it a little less than a year ago. For the past week, sometimes when I go on the internet (firefox or safari) it just won't load. Like the blue bar that shows you how much has loaded isn't even visible and it will just say "connecting". But when I look at my airport icon that shows me how many bars of internet I have ... all the bars are full so I have internet connection.

It is not just one type of internet browser because it does it on both safari and firefox. And it is getting really annoying because I will be browsing the internet and it just won't load or connect at all ... even if I wait.

ANY help will be appreciated! thank you.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
There are any number of things that can cause that symptom, but my first guess would be it's not the local computer that's having the issue. Could be your internet connection itself is flakey, or that your wireless base station is conking out.

Assuming you have a DSL or cable modem plugged into a wireless router of some sort, try plugging the network cable directly into the computer when it's acting up. If the problem never happens when directly connected, then it's a wireless issue. If it does, then the issue is probably your internet connection and it's time for a call to tech support.

havenly007

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2009
I had a similar problem and zapping a PRAM seemed to help...and if it doesn't work it won't harm the computer. Restart the computer and before it gets to the grey screen simultaneously hold down the Apple, Option, P and R keys. Wait for it to bing (or however you describe that sound) a couple times and then release and let the computer restart itself.

Please let me know (post here) if it works...just curious.

Sonya

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
When it happens again, open Terminal and ping macrumors.com. It might be your internet connection to the outside world and not your Airport connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.