Internet not loading on first click (sometimes) on New MBP after account migration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kr9681, Sep 26, 2010.

1. kr9681 macrumors newbie

I purchased a new mbp last week after my previous one died. i had apple migrate my account from my old mac to my new one after i had already created a profile on my new mac. They left both accounts on and i deleted the one i created just while playing around with my new machine. Now when on the internet i'll click a link and it wont load on the first try every time. Most of the time i have to click a link more then once or refresh the page in order for it to load. I have a feeling that it is due to something conflicting when loading because the pages do load. Please help me out because this is very annoying

2. pintsizemacman macrumors regular

pintsizemacman

first of all u might want to make sure your internet connection is good and strong and make sure ur safari is updated:eek:

3. kr9681 thread starter macrumors newbie

everything is updated and the internet is healthy and strong because it loads so fast sometimes on the first click and other times it gets stuck loading until i reclick or press reload

4. pintsizemacman macrumors regular

pintsizemacman

try reseting safari and see how full ur HD is

5. kr9681 thread starter macrumors newbie

im using firefox and it happens in both browswers. and i have 130gb of free space on a 250gb hdd

6. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Make sure you are running the latest version of Safari (which is 5.0.2) I had this same exact problem with the first version of Safari 5 (5.0) on both of my machines, it wouldn't load pages on first click or first boot, but this bug has been worked out with the latest version of Safari.

7. kr9681 thread starter macrumors newbie

i am using the latest versions of both firefox and safari and it is happening in both browsers