Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nightfly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Hey guys,

i'm having a problem where after a working session internet usage (via EDGE), then i put the iphone on sleep (Off button on top).

Say i leave the phone for an hour or so and turn it back on... the internet seems stall i can't even check the weather the spinning wheel beside the signal bar just keep on spinnin forever..

currently i got a workaround to use airplane mode and the internet connection will work fine until i put it on sleep...

i was just wondering if anyone is having this problem?

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
The network you're on might drop you from the EDGE connection when you haven't used it for a certain amount of time, and kick you to a simple GSM connection. Just go online on your phone for a few seconds and it should reconnect.

nightfly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
The network you're on might drop you from the EDGE connection when you haven't used it for a certain amount of time, and kick you to a simple GSM connection. Just go online on your phone for a few seconds and it should reconnect.

yea thats what i thought, however it seems that i cannot get back online after this happened (the loading circle keep on spinin forever) unless i restart the phone or turn airplane mode ON/OFF...

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I'd say that's probably a software problem then. Unlikely to be hardware related. You could always try restoring your iPhone to the latest software and seeing if it's fixed. Has it always been like this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.