Internet not working Fully on my MBP on my network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gator24765, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, im a newb to the forums. I have looked all over on here and havent found my problem..

Anyway i have a macbook pro. I recently upgraded my router to a belkin. Ever since i upgraded sites like facebook are slow. Facebook still works but when i want to browse photos, the photos never load. It also will never let me upload pics.

It works perfectly on my pc. Also, when im on my mac and i connect to a different wireless network, it also works perfect. So it comes down to my mac and my network.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks

2. shrakner macrumors member

What types of wireless connections do the three devices use? (PC, MBP, and router)? Probably a mixture of 802.11 g and N? That information is very helpful for troubleshooting speed.

3. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Im running wireless on my mac with the airport, On the PC just using my dell wireless.. Not too sure of any of the numbers etc..

The router is a Belkin N.

Its not really the speed thats the problem cause videos load very fast. Its certain websites that load up pretty much in the text only format.

I can go into my preferences and give any info you need that will help.

This is just getting frustrating to have to disconnect from my own network and connect to the neighbors to use certain websites..

4. shrakner macrumors member

Ok, so the wireless type isn't an issue- thanks for clarifying with the video loading example.

Have you tried using a different browser? If you're using Safari, try Firefox and see if you're seeing the same effect.

Right now, assuming that the browser doesn't make any difference (it shouldn't but it doesn't hurt to check), I figure it has to be something odd with your router's settings. The only possibility there I can think of at the moment is that many new routers have a "game mode" or a setting that intends to prioritize network traffic (games & streaming video get priority) and that might be messing up and erroneously restricting your web browsing.

5. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

yes i have tried safari and firefox and both have the problems..