internet not working on iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by patrickboyd, Jun 27, 2010.

1. patrickboyd macrumors newbie

OK I updated my software to 4.0 but now my safari doesn't work. The icon comes up saying that it has signal but it wont load any web pages! However, it does work if I am connected to wifi. I've restored it but still no luck. Any suggestions?

2. notmymac macrumors member

Did you restore as new? Are you located in the US? If not in the US just edit your APN settings and that will make it work..

3. stalyons macrumors newbie

Mine did the same thing (could not web browse over cellular - WiFi worked fine), but I thought it had to do with mine being jailbroken before starting. Was your phone jailbroken by any chance? I found a link to the fix, but I can not locate it now unfortunately. Google is your best friend there.

Good luck!

4. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

I'm having the same problem. I jailbroke mine with Spirit a while ago. PLEEEASE find that link! Thanks!

5. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

Found a fix!

Found this here

1. On your iPhone, go to http://unlockit.co.nz
    2. Click Custom APN
    3. Select your carrier (AT&T is at the bottom under US) and the stuff above it should populate
    4. Install the profile
    5. A new icon appears on your screen - I deleted it and the fix still seems to work.