Internet options?...stupid roomate

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by technicolor, Jan 11, 2009.

1. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

My irresponsible roomate decided to let our internet get disconnected by not paying the bill for several months. I am more than peeved because my other roomie and I paid our share every month.
    I'm not really sure of my options. I need to connect as soon as possible. Cable is out because you cannot have more than one account at an address and we don't have a landline phone. Any help would be appreciated because surfing on iphone is getting tired quickly.

2. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Sign a Wireless internet Contract with a Cell Phone carrier and get a mobile internet dongle from them.

You pay your own bills (meaning no worrying about Deadbeat Roommates), and the speed isn't that bad.

I believe AT and T has one. http://www.att.com/

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

All the major cell phone carriers have an air card. I have a Verizon V740 express card which works pretty well. I think the max I have have seen was around 1.5 mb down.

4. technicolor thread starter macrumors 68000

technicolor

Thanks I found AT&T's offerings. This is something I can do in store? Sweating like a crackhead thinking about waiting for that dongle to ship. Lol

Thanks for your help

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

im sure you know this but ill ask anyways

if you have an iphone you can tether

id be really mad at my roommate

6. technicolor thread starter macrumors 68000

technicolor

I thought you had to jailbreak to tether? And yeah I hate her guts right now.

7. ToddW macrumors 6502a

i would be demanding my money back. and i sure as hell wouldn't let anyone use the connection i'm paying for myself.

8. technicolor thread starter macrumors 68000

technicolor

I will just deduct it from the gas bill I owe her. I cannot wait to graduate and move!

Well I researched all those other options and frankly they were too expensive, buying pc cards and such. I ended up jailbreaking my phone and I am on PdaNET using my iphone until our regular connection gets cut back on.

I was afraid to jailbreak my phone but everything went so easy and smooth.

9. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

AT&T (and other providers too, I'm sure) has naked DSL packages that don't require phone lines.