Internet 'Pauses' on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Archive, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Archive macrumors member

Hi there,

I have had a peculiar problem with my mac. Sometimes, there are periods of time when my internet has a "Pausing issue".

When I load a website, the blue loading bar in safari sometimes stands still in somewhere before 100% of the page is loaded and this indefinitely. If I however hit refresh, the page either loads completely, or Safari again hangs at any given position during loading.

When showing the loading progress in the bottom of Safari I often see something like 23 of 24 items loaded.

This happens on every website.

So basically to browse I have to keep pressing the refresh button about 2 or 3 times before the entire page loads.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: The exact same things happens to all my other browsers, hence I think its a problem with something OS related.

2. Archive thread starter macrumors member

Okay, disregard this.

Just tried with my other mac, and it has the same problem. That means the trouble lies with my ISP and not with my mac.

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Maybe your ISP, maybe not. Report back what you find.

4. Archive thread starter macrumors member

Definitely my ISP. Really bad service here....

5. Amdahl macrumors 65816

I would be curious to know what is causing that. Ask them if there is a web proxy on their network that might be malfunctioning.

6. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Even more annoying, I don't think anyone saw my thread a couple months back, when you click a link for example, or go to any page, while its loading for instance, you want to check some thing in the menu bar, so you go to history for example, could be anything, click on it, and the page stops loading. So in order for a page to load in safari, you can't be browsing through your bookmarks in the menu bar, history in the menu bar or anything along those lines.

7. Green2Delta macrumors member

The same thing happens on my MBP, with both Safari and Firefox. But, my desktop PC running windows works just fine. Both are connected to the same wireless network, so I doubt it could be my ISP.

8. Amdahl macrumors 65816

I think the last person who had that problem found that he had to change or turn off encryption on the wireless access point and the problem went away. Also check for firmware updates to your access point.