Internet Problem in Lion (frequently stops working)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by crazy$hark, Jun 20, 2013.

1. crazy$hark, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

crazy$hark macrumors regular

crazy$hark

Whenever i use the internet on my macbook, it frequently stops working. It is still connected to the wi-fi network, but there is no internet (so i cant load webpages, etc.) This has also been going on for another macbook in the household, but the internet on a widows computer is just fine. I have looked from a long time for solutions, i have updated the software, deleted all my saved networks in keychain, i have created a new preferences.plist file as suggested by some forums, but this issue is still going on. Currently, i am using the internet through an ethernet cable and it runs just fine. Can someone help me with this problem?

I am running OS X Lion on a mid-2009 macbook pro.

2. fdeleeuwe macrumors newbie

Same here

I have the same problem en getting crazy!

Even brought my iMac (2009) back to the store but they could't solve the problem. When i start in recovery mode and start the safari browser over there i have NO problems, reinstall and start Safari and after half an hour the problems are back....

Not logical.......

Someone who can help???

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Have you tried rebooting your modem/ router and checked its configuration? Since your cabled connection works that's where I'd look first.

4. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I am currently in a different country, so as a result, on a different router and my internet works fine, so i am pretty sure it is your router. Call your internet company and request a different router, that should help. If that doesnt work, ask for a different model router since i believe that is where the problem lies.

I tried re-booting and the problem still persists, but as i mentioned above, i think it is the router. I even tried changing channels, but no luck.