Internet Problem in Lion (frequently stops working)

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Whenever i use the internet on my macbook, it frequently stops working. It is still connected to the wi-fi network, but there is no internet (so i cant load webpages, etc.) This has also been going on for another macbook in the household, but the internet on a widows computer is just fine. I have looked from a long time for solutions, i have updated the software, deleted all my saved networks in keychain, i have created a new preferences.plist file as suggested by some forums, but this issue is still going on. Currently, i am using the internet through an ethernet cable and it runs just fine. Can someone help me with this problem?

I am running OS X Lion on a mid-2009 macbook pro.

Last edited:

fdeleeuwe

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
Same here

I have the same problem en getting crazy!

Even brought my iMac (2009) back to the store but they could't solve the problem. When i start in recovery mode and start the safari browser over there i have NO problems, reinstall and start Safari and after half an hour the problems are back....

Not logical.......

Someone who can help???

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Whenever i use the internet on my macbook, it frequently stops working. It is still connected to the wi-fi network, but there is no internet (so i cant load webpages, etc.) This has also been going on for another macbook in the household, but the internet on a widows computer is just fine. I have looked from a long time for solutions, i have updated the software, deleted all my saved networks in keychain, i have created a new preferences.plist file as suggested by some forums, but this issue is still going on. Currently, i am using the internet through an ethernet cable and it runs just fine. Can someone help me with this problem?

I am running OS X Lion on a mid-2009 macbook pro.
Have you tried rebooting your modem/ router and checked its configuration? Since your cabled connection works that's where I'd look first.

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I have the same problem en getting crazy!

Even brought my iMac (2009) back to the store but they could't solve the problem. When i start in recovery mode and start the safari browser over there i have NO problems, reinstall and start Safari and after half an hour the problems are back....

Not logical.......

Someone who can help???
I am currently in a different country, so as a result, on a different router and my internet works fine, so i am pretty sure it is your router. Call your internet company and request a different router, that should help. If that doesnt work, ask for a different model router since i believe that is where the problem lies.

Have you tried rebooting your modem/ router and checked its configuration? Since your cabled connection works that's where I'd look first.
I tried re-booting and the problem still persists, but as i mentioned above, i think it is the router. I even tried changing channels, but no luck.