internet problem on bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TheRekz, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TheRekz macrumors regular

So this problem just happened recently. I have a windows 7 installed on bootcamp. A week ago I had no issues connecting to the internet, but now I can't seem to access any site on the internet. I can connect to skype, I can ping, but I can't access anything to the router. Even I can't access my local router setup!

I have disabled the firewall and everything that I can think of that might be causing this. I need some help.

2. TheRekz thread starter macrumors regular

3. brandone macrumors member

You need to see what you are able to access. It sounds like it could be a problem with DNS resolution. Goto start, and in the search area type cmd and press enter. In the command prompt shell, type ipconfig/flushdns. Next type, ping google.com. If you get a response from google's ip address, your DNS is working properly. If not, open up the properties of the connection by going to the Network and Sharing center, click either your wireless connection or your Local Area Connection, which ever you use and then click properties. From here, select Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click properties. Everything SHOULD be "Obtain Automatically". If it already is setup like this, select, "Use the following DNS server addresses" and input 8.8.8.8 . Then click ok, close, close and try using your internet connection again. Good luck.